Using Exercise As A Stress Management Tool
Articles Details page
If you are one of those who often suffer from stress, you should add some physical activity to your life. When stressed, each of your body systems such as cardiovascular, nervous, respiratory, muscular etc. go in a fight and flight mode. There may be an adrenaline rush in your body. Or the levels of anxiety can be high. Continued stress and anxiety can lead to various ailments.
Exercise Is A Good Stress Buster
Any form of physical activity such as yoga, aerobics, running or a workout in a gymnasium fits into the category of exercise. It increases overall health and improves well-being. Here are some direct benefits associated with exercise:
- Boosts your endorphin levels: Endorphins are a kind of neurotransmitters that relax your body during times of stress. Any form of physical activity increases the levels of endorphins in your body.
- Improves your blood circulation: Improved activity levels increase the blood circulation in your body and takes the stress away. It not only vitalises each organ of your body but keeps you active throughout the day.
- Assists sleep: When stressed, you may not be able to sleep well. However, when you indulge in some physical labour or exercise, your body relaxes at the time of sleep, thus, letting you sleep soundly.
- To indulge yourselves in some exercise or the other, start slowly and build your stamina for a particular activity. This comes with commitment and practice.
- Dance, jog, bike, or walk - Three to five times a week for 30 minutes.
- Be patient when you start a new exercise program. It takes about four to eight weeks for people to get into a routine and enjoy the benefits of exercise.
- Walk before you run! Take baby steps before you achieve something big. It is advisable that you start with some light exercise and then go towards more advanced activities. Keep pushing yourself to do more each day.
- To begin with, a combination of moderately vigorous and light exercise helps. Set small daily goals and aim for daily consistency rather than perfect workouts.
- Strength training should be a part of your overall exercise regime.
- If you are unable to decide upon a particular exercise, choose the one that you like the most.
- Join a group of people in a place where there are enough people to motivate you, like a gym or a park, where you will find like-minded people doing the same activities!
- It is important to be regular. Focus on the exercise and make it an important part of your daily routine to keep yourself stress-free.
13g Of Protein Per 100g
DHA For Brain Development