Oats Vegetable Soup
|1 large||Onion – Finely Chopped|
|¼ cup||Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Corn)|
|1||Carrot – Cut to Small Pieces|
|15||Green Beans – Cut to Small Pieces|
|1||clove Garlic – Minced|
|1||Green Chillies – Chopped|
|1 tbsp||Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped|
|A pinch||Pepper Powder|
|1 cup||Skimmed Milk|
Method of Preparation
- Wash and cut Carrots and Green Beans into small pieces and cook them in a pressure cooker along with peas and corn until 1 whistle. The vegetables should be half cooked.
- Meanwhile, dry roast oats in a separate pan for a minute.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions, green chili and garlic till they begin to sweat.
- Add and heat 1 cup of water in the same pan and transfer the cooked vegetables to this pan and allow cooking for 5 min.
- At this stage, add roasted Oats and remaining water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring so that the Oats do not turn into lumps.
- Now add Pepper Powder, Salt and heat for a minute. Finally add Milk and stir once and boil the mixture for a minute more.
- Garnish the rich and creamy oats soup with coriander.
- Serve hot.