Oats Rava Idli
|2 cups||Oats - Roasted and Powdered|
|1 cup||Roasted Rava|
|1 tsp||Chana Dal (Bengal Gram)|
|1 tsp||Urad Dal (Black Gram dal)|
|2 cups||Curd (sour)|
|8 – 10||Cashew Nuts – chops|
|1 ½ tsp||Mustard Seeds|
|2 tsp||Cooking Oil|
|6 – 8||Curry Leaves|
|Few||Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped|
|2||Green Chilies – Finely Chopped|
|½ tsp||Eno (Regular)|
Method of Preparation
- Dry roast Oats and Rava in a separate pan till their whiteness disappears and they look brownish. Take them out of the pan and grind Oat flakes to get Roasted oat flour.
- Soak roasted Rava in sour curd for 5 minutes.
- Next, add Oat flour to it and soak it for another 5 minutes.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, Bengalgram Dal, Blackgram Dal, cashews and roast till it splutters.
- Pour this mixture onto the roasted Rava and Oats batter.
- Add coriander leaves, Green chillies, curry leaves, salt and Eno to the above batter and mix well.
- The consistency should be similar to be similar to Rava Idli batter consistency.
- Pour the batter into greased Idli plates and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the idli from moulds once the cooker cools.
- Serve hot with your choice of chutney.