|1 cup||Rice Flakes (Aval/Poha/Chivda)|
|1 large||Onion – Finely Chopped|
|1 large||Tomato – Finely Chopped|
|¼ cup||Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots)|
|8 – 10||Peanuts|
|2||Green Chillies – Chopped|
|3 tsp||Mustard Seeds|
|2 pinches||Hing (Asafoetida) Powder|
|10 – 15||Curry Leaves|
|½ tsp||Turmeric Powder|
Method of Preparation
- In a pan, boil mix-vegetables (peas & carrots) with enough water and little salt.
- Soak the Rice flakes (Aval/Poha/Chivda) in 1 cup water for 5 – 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Dry roast peanuts on a pan. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, peanuts and curry leaves and cook for 1 min.
- Add onions and cook until transparent.
- Add chopped tomato & cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Strain the boiled vegetables and add along with oats. Sauté briefly.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Add Poha, salt, turmeric, and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.