“Lite Horlicks is a nourishing beverage to be consumed as part of daily diet. Lite Horlicks contains Acesulfame – Potassium. Not recommended for children. No Sugar added in the product. Contains artificial sweetener and for calorie conscious.
High Stress and other factors lead to high free radicals which may lead to cell damage. For protection against free radical injury, consumption of diets rich in fruits and vegetables along with exercise is necessary.
- Anti Oxidant Nutrients (Vitamin C, Copper, Vitamin B2, Selenium, Vitamin E, Zinc) are known to contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- As per CODEX Guidelines
- Effect of processing on nutritional value.
http://www.fao.org/docrep/t0207e/t0207e07.htm FAO website. Accessed September 9, 2014
- Evaluating the public health significance of micronutrient malnutritio http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/micronutrients/GFF_Part_2_en.pd WHO website. Accessed September 05, 2014
- Chiplonkar SA, Agte VV. Association of micronutrient status with subclinical helath compliants in lactovegetarian adults. Scandinavian Journal of Food and Nutrition. 2007; 51 (4): 159166.
- Brown K, DeCoffe D, Molcan E, Gibson DL. Diet-induced dysbiosis of the intestinal microbiota and the effects on immunity and disease. Nutrients. 2012;4,:1095-1119.
- Sekirov M, Russelll L, Antunes CM, Finlay BB. Gut microbiota in health and disease. Physiol Rev. 2010; 90: 859-904.
- Vadera BN, Yadav SB, Yadav BS, Parmar DV, Unadkat SV. Study on obesity and influence of dietary factors on the weight status of an adult population in Jamnagar City of Gujarat: A cross-sectional analytical study. Indian J Community Med. 2010; 35(4): 482–486.
- Sonneneburg ED, Sonnenburg JL. Starving our microbial self: The deleterious consequences of a diet deficient in microbiota-accessible carbohydrates. Cell Metab. 2014. pii: S1550-4131(14)00311-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2014.07.003. [Epub ahead of print]
- Turnbaugh PJ, et al. The effect of diet on the human gut microbiome: A metagenomic analysis in humanized Gnotobiotic mice. Sci Transl Med. 2009; 1(6): 6ra14. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.3000322.
- Tomas C, Newton J, Watson S. A review of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function in chronic fatigue syndrome. ISRN Neuroscience. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/784520. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Aschbacher K, o'Donovan A, Wolkowitz, et al. Good Stress, Bad Stress and Oxidative Stress: Insights from Anticipatory Cortisol Reactivity. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2012;38(9):1698-1708.
- Rebar AL, Duncan MJ, Short C, et al. Differences in health-related quality of life between three clusters of physical activity, sitting time, depression, anxiety, and stress. BMC Public Health. 2014;14(1):1088.
- Tonello L, Rodrigues FB, Souza JWS, etal. The role of physical activity and heart rate variability for the control of work related stress. Front Physiol. 2014;5:67
- De La Fuente M, Hernanz A, Vallejo M. The immune system in the oxidative stress conditions of aging and hypertension: Favourable effects of antioxidants and physical exercise. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2005;7(9,10):1356–1366.
- Cadenas E, Davies KJ. Mitochondrial free radical generation, oxidative stress, and aging. Free Radic Biol Med. 2000;29(3-4):222-30.
- Ceriello A. Possible Role of Oxidative Stress in the Pathogenesis of Hypertension. American Diabetes Association. 2008;31(2):S181-S184.
- Harrison D, Griendling KK, Landmesser U, Hornig B, Drexler H. Role of oxidative stress in atherosclerosis. Am J Cardiol. 2003 Feb 6;91(3A):7A-11A.
- Midha T, Kumari R, Rao YK, Pandey U. Prevalence of hypertension in India: A meta-analysis. World J Meta-Anal. 2013. 26; 1(2): 83-89.
- Kumar EP, Mukherjee R, Senthil R, et al. Evaluation of Oxidative Stress and Antioxidant Status in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease in Rural Populations of the Nilgiris, South India. ISRN Pharmacol. 2012:941068.